9.12.2006

Hippie!

Well, here is yet another exciting update!! Just when I settled into classes and started to meet people, turns out that I might have to change my schedule altogether. I talked to an academic councillor today, and she said that I might have 2 courses in IDS that I cant take until 2008, and therefore am looking at another whole year of school because of it stupid Dalhousie and its full year courses... But on the upper hand, in one more year I can graduate with an honors degree in my program and another major in Poli Sci, so Im pretty stoked to do that. Also, in other news I have managed to become more of a hippie in the last couple of days, and I shall leave that sentence ambigiously open ended because the final clause is gross.

Megan and I took some lovely pictures on a ramble on pier 21 on the weekend that I thought I might share as I think that they are beautiful. On Saturday we had a very tourist-y day!!



This picture is of an island that the English used to lock Acadians on before the confederation of Canada. Its beautiful now however. After our education upon the oldish history of our country, we checked out the pier where many many imigrants came to Canada. Then we walked through a huge farmer's market in the Alexander Keith's brewery. I believe we are going to do a tour of it a bit later in the year, when the studious student thing wears off.



Megan is enjoying the sun and basking in the nuclear-glow of the Halifax harbor!



Here is me in front of the biggest ship that I have ever seen!! Let me know if all of this constant commentary on my new home gets annoying because I have a feeling that it will!! Im just excited for all of the history here!

2 comments:

Blake said...

I hope you cracked a pirate joke or two for me

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I quite enjoy your frequent updates on the Halifax Adventure. It's making it more and more tempting to join you. I like the photos, they're great.

Becks