3.19.2006

My Obsession turned Collection. Pt. 1

I have finally done it. I have wanted to do it for a long time now, and now that I've done it, I feel a bit empty inside.

It all started back in the day, a long time ago in a galaxy not so far away. We were dressed in flannel, sitting on couches with nails sticking out of them in the back of Greg's 'yoda. There were crashing cars with cement-filled doors and luckily, Lucky beer. There were lots of people, and there were the Presidents. I'm especially glad that the Presidents were the only obsession of that day that have stuck with me. Otherwise you might see a more flannel-clothed girl sitting before you.

The Presidents are a band of three, with a guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer. While the band should have 6 strings on each guitar, they only have 3 and 2 respectively. Even with this lack of strings, they have no lack of nonsensical songs and catchy beats. Lots of their songs are about "Peaches," or "Postmen," or "Toob Amplifiers." Everytime I hear them, I'm amazed by them.

Greg had a mixed CD with the song "Peaches" on it by the Presidents of the United States. Immediately I was intrigued. Time went by, and Greg fueled my ambition further by encouraging me to buy all of their cds.

No comments: