10.10.2006

Thanksgiving Post

Thanksgiving has come and passed, and historically this has been my first without my family around, if we hadn't had so many people around, I am sure that I would have missed the chaos entirely.

I am thankful for:
- Family
- Friends - new and old



- New Opportunities / Fresh Start
- Being fortunate (I'm not sure if that makes sense in the traditional "thanksgiving" vein, but I am)
- Good food and good company!
We had mass amounts of food, all contributed and thoughtfully prepared by members of the group. Emma went above and beyond by giving massages to the turkey (which was encourage the legs to unfreeze) and Curtis pulled the neck and 'giblets' out. So kudos to both of them. Alex brought a dense cake! Justin brought some salad and buns. Josh brought the wine. Bryna made pies! Zach made (from scratch!) banana bread and a broccoli dish. Grace made "peas and prosciutto" while Megan, Megan, Emma and Curtis worked collectively on preparing the stuffing, turkey, gravy and potatoes!! It was pretty epic!

3 comments:

Blake said...

I am so hungry for some tupping turkey its out of hand :(

Anonymous said...

Yum Looked like good food and fun! I chased cows for Thanksgiving. And also ate a lot. :)
becks

Blake said...

Rocktober is slipping by with you with narry a update to be seen... Shame upon thee