4.12.2006

Breaking!!

Woohoo!

Generally, in ones Kyokushin Karate journey, the karate-ka breaks boards every time a rank changes. However, for this particular student I haven't had to break since I went for my blue belt (2 rank changes, and 3 years ago). So, I had breaking all built up in my mind and was freaking out about the day when I finally would have to break. And, when one starts to get higher belts, the breaking obviously becomes more complex and more boards are introduced. For example, for my blue belt breaking I broke a board with a hammer-fist, but for my green-belt grading I would have had to break 2 boards with a straight middle-level punch, and two with a forward-kick with the ball of your foot. And finally, I get freaked out when I am evaluated in front of other people that I care about. So, between kids classes last night, Jarvis, Sempai set up a board on another board, and told me to break it. So, I didnt have any time to freak out about it, and I just -- did it! There was no build up or anything! Anyways, so we got to do some more breaking later on in the adult class, and I did a couple of more breaks, one with the bone on your wrist at the bottom of your hand, and a couple with my heel! I was pretty excited in all, and I even have a bruise on the side of my hand for my effort. It's pretty beautiful, and it constricts my motion a little bit.

After this adventure, I took Blake to the hospital because he had re-hurt his hand, so I got to sit in the hospital and read! I dont mind hospital visits so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy schnikies! ow...ow...do you think a bone is like a board? Not that I plan to stray from your good side anytime soon :o)
from: guess who!

Bryna said...

Its gotta be the hobbit/African American Action Star/ Tonto's friend and cohort, Sam!